Thursday, May 22, 2008

Willow Bob

Well as you can see I have been busy! This is a portrait started from life and finished from a photo. I dont usually post my gallery works but I really wanted to share this piece with everyone! It is entered in a Yukon Portrait Project that will open at the Old Firehall June 5th.
Bob makes wonderful willow furniture, some of which can be found at Yukon Artists at Work gallery in McCrae. I loved painting all the grizzle and that HAIR!
This is still a work in progress as I may do a glaze on it when I return from a week long trip. There is also some glare on the dark wet oil paint on the right side.
So because I am leaving for a week there will be another drought of paintings. I miss doing the small works. Perhaps I should have named it Val's sporadic daily painting blog.....
Thanks for looking, Val

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love his EYEbrows, Val! What a selection of texture this model brought you! Nice work! Good luck with your workshop!

Ambroses said...

Good one Valerie!!! A wildly
capturing portrait...to say the least.
Worn but alive he is indeed.
A unique image for sure
and to be remembered.... :)