Friday, December 5, 2008

Through The Pines

Through The Pines 11" by 14" Oil on deep profile canvas
I completed these gallery pieces in November after returning from travelling. I was so pleased to be back home I really just wanted to paint the Yukon! "Through the Pines" is inspired by the amazing mountains and colours found along the Skagway road.
Available for $350 from me or through Yukon Artists at Work
From Skagway Road 8" by 10" Oil on canvas
This mountain scene is right next to the one above, on the road heading towards the Skagway summit. The snow was already down low covering some of the late fall colours. Its a fairly small piece with plenty of brush work evident.
Available for $250 , from me or at Yukon Artists At Work.

High Country Fall 8" by 10" oil on canvas
I have often looked at this photo and considered painting it, finally I tackled it! This is a spot on the Fish Lake Road, lots of Whitehorse folks recognize it.
Available, for $250 from me or at Yukon Artists At Work Gallery in McCrae.


Country Road 8" by 10" oil on canvas
Again those fall colours! Perhaps after travelling through the mostly grey concrete cities of South America I really needed to reconnect with our colourful landscape. Anyway this is a small study again, inspired by a lane way off the Carcross Road. Those familiar would recognize the bent tree framing the road.
Available for $250 from me or from the Yukon Artists at Work Gallery, where all these pieces are hanging along with plenty of other wonderful works from other artists.
I will post the photo of my most recent "alleyway" painting tomorrow...........along with a "daily"
Thanks for Looking!
Val


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Landscapes please!

These are very, very nice. Epic vistas, amazing depth of field. Wow!

We like!

Matt and Heike

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Love your landscapes. The first one especially speaks to me!

Anonymous said...

"From Skagway Road" looks just like every other artists' work I've seen. Can't you Canadians ever be original? Eh?