Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Persimmon Pals

Stand By Me oil on canvas 7" by 5" Available $80


Persimmon Pals Oil on canvas 5"by7" Available $80

Its a two for one day! I am always hunting for something to paint when I am in the grocery store. Perhaps people who watch me in the store think that I am very particular about my fruit as I hold one up and carefully examine it from every angle only to put it back and select another! Persimmons are a favorite for me as I get to use some full strength cadmium orange in a few places.
All my recent "dailies" are on a very nice stretched canvas rather than a panel. Aside from the fact that I like to paint on canvas, these small stretched canvases give a more finished original feel to the final piece. My husband prefers to place them on table top easels or plate stands rather than on the wall.
Again Thanks for Looking!
Val

No comments: