Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lemon Lime

Its great to be back painting another small daily warm up! I have been busy with a large portrait project that I will start a blog on in a few weeks.
These were fun to paint and I especially liked the way the lightest part of the lime blended with the halftone on the lemon. It is so hard to judge the lemon in the shadow....what colour is dark yellow anyway!
This is 5" by 7" and is on stretched canvas. I am going to continue to use these small stretched canvases rather than panels. I prefer painting on canvas texture and these have a nice finished substance to them and look wonderful in floated frames.
As usual this is available from me directly for $75.
Thanks for Looking!
Val

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Very nice, Val. I've always loved the way lemons and limes look together!